Friday, July 15, 2011

Introducing: Manda Michelle

My name is Amanda Michelle, but most people call me Manda. I am a licensed cosmetologist and I am currently a freelance model out of the North Carolina triangle area, setting up photo shoots and booking runway shows whenever I can. I’m working to improve my skill, and hopefully find more opportunities to take me to the next level.

I was born and raised in a small town in Preble county, Ohio. I’ve been involved in modeling since I was about 13-years-old, going through some training and competing in a few local competitions. In high school, I casts, directed, styled and choreographed my own runway show for my school’s multicultural festival with about fifteen models. The experience opened my eyes to the potential that I have in other areas of the fashion industry other than just modeling.

After graduating, I married my high school sweetheart which put a stop to my plans of going to New York to pursue the modeling industry. My husband and I have two beautiful boys; Gavin, 5, and Jackson, 2. Our family moved to North Carolina after my husband received his orders from the United States Army to be stationed in Fort Bragg.

Since moving to the area, my family has supported my decision to start taking my passion for modeling to the next level by finding photographers to help me update and improve my portfolio. I have been in runway shows such as NC Fashion Week 2010, Vanity Affair Fashion and hair Show 2010, and I closed the Fashion Proclamation 2011 in a Marco Hall original gown. My most recent project, which has not yet been released, was a group of zodiac concept with BNS Photography out of Charlotte, NC.

My goal is to be signed to a top agency by 2012. Although I love the fashion industry, and continue working towards my goal, I never forget what is truly important to me: being a supportive army wife, and a loving mother.

I know that I wouldn’t be where I am today without the guidance of the Lord and the support of my family and friends. Thank you to everyone who has been there and believed in me through my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment